Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm Back

Hello all,
So, it's be a VERY long time since this site was ever TOUCHED! I'm sorry.

I realized recently, though some of you have known forever, that I'm a HORRIBLE communicator. I don't call, txting is mostly irrelevant and my emails are non-existent. So here I am, trying to simplify and yet, share with you a little of what is going on in my life, our life really!

So here's a quick snapshot:
1. I have been married to the most wonderful girl in the world for 256 days. Sarah is such an encouragement to me and her love for life and for Jesus is contagious. We have no children though we were given a plant recently that has become like our child...demanding light, water and growing faster than we can buy it clothes (pots).

2. We live in an appartment in a rough part of town and enjoy watching our neighbors deal drugs, park their cars backwards (so they can escape quickly) and occasionally hear gunshots. Very exciting! We have connected well with the two families living in our four-plex handing out cookies, and constantly in conversation, though I'll confess my wife is the instigator more than me.

3. Sarah works for a coffee roaster and delivers coffee and coffee memorabilia to gas stations, coffee shops, offices, schools and anybody that will pay for non-Folgers coffee. She does wonderfully at this as her ability to connect with people is uncanny. Truly a gift!

4. I work for Target in a distribution center and work weekend nights. Although this is not my passion, it helps pay the bills and gives me time during the week to do things I love. I am currently the youth worship director and lead two teams for worship and arts on wednesday nights. Sarah and I also lead worship for "Overflow"- a monthly extended worship time, focusing on prayer, musical worship, and learning what it looks like to worship with ALL we ARE NOT All we HAVE!

5. This winter we have started a business. It started with snow removal, but will swing into lawn care as things start to warm up. We are excited to see what God will do with this business as we give it to him.

OK. That's my nutshell, catching you up on life. I'll try my best to keep this updated so you can see what's happening. Hopefully I'll figure out how to put pictures up and everything too. :) Thanks for reading. Have a great day!

Erik O

3 comments:

contented said...

I can't believe you have a blog! Now I've officially been challenged! I think you should change your title, though...Life's not passing you by...It better try to keep up with US!

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog, Erique. I didn't even know that you had a blog. Where was I??? Probably in lala land. Oh dear. Well, this is great to know the little details of your lives - even the plant. :) mamma (and pappa too)

Joie said...

I didn't get word of this blog 'till today either- thanks for sharing it with us and for writing whenever you get a chance. Miss you lots.